Are you avoiding routine dental check-ups because you are afraid of the dentist? Did you know that by not making or keeping appointments with your dentist can lead to serious dental complications and can also impact your overall health?
Avoiding routine checkups means that you are taking risks. These risks can lead to:
- Heart Disease
- Oral Cancer
- Crooked teeth
- Tooth decay
- Gum Disease
Overcoming Dental Fear
Believe it or not, dentists are trained to deal with patients who suffer from dental fear. Finding a highly trained and compassionate dentist may help alleviate some of the fear and anxiety you feel about visiting the dentist. Dr. Khanna will work with you to determine the best ways to make you more comfortable and less anxious about your dental visits. Talking to Dr. Khanna is the best way to help you overcome your dental fear. Here are some other ways to help:
- Ask your dentist or your medical doctor for anti-anxiety medication before the actual procedure.
- Wear headphones during the appointment to block out sounds and help you to relax.
- Request a chair-side television to watch your favorite shows during the procedure; this will help reduce any stress.
- Let a trusted family member or friend come with you to help you feel more comfortable during your dental visit.
- Ask questions about anything you may need clarification on.
What Patients are Saying About Khanna Dentistry
Stop putting your oral and overall health at risk. Let Dr. Khanna and the staff at Khanna Dentistry help you to overcome your dental fear. We’ll make sure that your visits are accommodating and pleasant. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.