Botox ® FAQs Geneva, IL

Geneva cosmetic dentist Dr. Neeraj Khanna is a member of the American Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE) and is pleased to offer patients Botox® for treating TMJ dysfunction and/or cosmetic concerns such as fine lines and wrinkles. In addition, Dr. Khanna offers Dermafill, a volumizing facial filler that improves signs of aging.

We offer complimentary consultations for Botox & Dermafill. Ask us for more information at your next appointment.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is it safe to get Botox from the dentist?
Yes. In order to become a “Botox dentist” in Illinois, a dentist must be in good standing with the Illinois Board of Dentistry and complete Board approved post-doctoral training. Dr. Khanna has completed his training and earned credentials to provide these services to our patients.

How do I get started?
Botox TMJ therapy is available for patients of Khanna Dentistry. If you are interested, please let us know at your next appointment. We offer complimentary consultations to determine whether or not you are a candidate. In some cases, we may be able to perform treatment on the same visit, or we may schedule a separate appointment at a convenient time.

How quickly will Botox resolve my facial pain?
Most patients will notice a relief from facial pain in 3 – 5 days following the procedure.

How long will the results last?
The effects of treatment last for approximately 3 months. After 2 – 3 treatments with Botox, patients will experience the benefits of muscle relaxation for longer periods of time.

Are there any side effects?
Botox is very safe. However, there are side effects, as with any procedure. It is important to select a well qualified dentist or doctor for your treatment to ensure maximum safety and comfort. Common side effects include redness and soreness in the injection site. Discomfort will generally not last more than a couple hours.

Schedule Your Consultation

If you need further information please contact our Geneva dental office to see if you are an ideal candidate. Call the office or use our online request form.